Subject: CWS survey on IP data exchange framework and platform
From: "cws.mail" <[email-masked]>
To: "cws surveys" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "YUN Young-Woo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 12:44:50 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear CWS Member Offices,

We trust that this email finds you well.

At its eleventh session in December 2023, the Committee on WIPO Standards
(CWS) considered two proposals for IP data exchange framework and platform
under Agenda Items 8(d) and (e). The CWS agreed that the Secretariat issue
a circular to the CWS Members with the purpose of gathering necessary
information so that an improved consolidated proposal could be prepared by
the Delegations of Japan and Saudi Arabic and presented at the next
session of the Committee. On the basis of the improved consolidated
proposal, the CWS will consider the establishment of the new Task and the
Task Force at the next session. Any interested CWS Member will be invited
to participate in the preparation of the circular. (See paragraphs 166 and
179 of the meeting report, document CWS/11/28
<https://www.wipo.int/meetings/en/doc_details.jsp?doc_id=629662> ).

As a follow up of the outcomes from CWS/11, the Secretariat organized an
information meeting on April 2, 2024, to prepare the circular including a
questionnaire. Considering the discussions and feedback provided at the
meeting, the Japan Patent Office (JPO) and the Saudi Authority for
Intellectual Property (SAIP) have finalized the survey questionnaire.
Furthermore, to streamline the information gathering process in time, in
agreement with the two proponent Offices, the Secretariat has launched the
survey via this email instead of a formal CWS circular.

The survey is available only in English at the following URL:
https://surveys.wipo.int/s3/ip-data-exchange. Your Office is invited to
respond to this survey by May 31, 2024. Please note that your Office
should submit only one response to this survey. For the convenience of
internal discussion, please find attached the copy of the questionnaire in
PDF.

Any questions on this survey, including technical issues with this online
survey tool, can be directed to the Secretariat at: [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> .

Best regards,

CWS Secretariat Team

World Intellectual Property Organization Disclaimer: This electronic
message may contain privileged, confidential and copyright protected
information. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please
immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and all its
attachments. Please ensure all e-mail attachments are scanned for viruses
prior to opening or using.

Classification: WIPO FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY